Thursday, October 23, 2008

Who's envious now?

Well, no news from the boys, but Steve sent me this picture to post at some future date to keep everyone engaged. I assume it was a kind of "hey look at us smiling away, ready to have some fun, while you suckers are at home, working like slaves, envious of our travels."
I'm not envious. Okay, maybe a little.

But let's think about where they may be right now, 8:46pm on a Thursday night. Probably lying in the tent, starting to smell a little, just finished a delicious meal of gruel with a generous topping of salt. Filling their sleeping bags and tent with the 'off gas' from TVP...

Hmmm, maybe I'll go upstairs, put some clean socks on, sit down for a phat steak and put some more wood on the fire. Then maybe I'll climb into a nice, warm, comfortable bed.

I'm not sure how envious I am of them after all...


Bring it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

kari will need some moleskin for his titties that drag on the ground from switching over to A-T. hike up the shorts amigo! thanks for the beer in TO. after a 2 weeks in the sandy patagonian gale coast some ice looks pretty good at the moment. have a hoot in tierra incognita...
"...all the attending marvels of a thousand patagonian sights and sounds helped to sway me to my wish..."

Melville, Moby´s Dick

Cameron E said...

he should have got a green jacket... then they could be a stop light for Halloween.